Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Life with the Kirkbrides... our place.






September 18, 2007




So Emily here this time, finally posting some pics!! Since most of you live far away- we decided to bring Houghton to you! Hope you enjoy our photos!
Today is Brendon's first official full day of work - after being announced in the church on Sunday and pastor's traditional Monday day off - he headed off to a morning prayer meeting and other things throughout the day! Wow, we both keep looking at eachother in awe of how the Lord is orchestrating our lives day after day... God is so good - I love seeing Bren in his prime out here...










To the left is a pic of our house... just kidding it is one of the buildings I "direct" there are 4 other buildings - We just happen to live in this one!








Above is a picture of the front of the church where Bren will be spending most of his days!

Below is a little tour of the place we call home!



Here I am coming out of the bathroom into our "living room" - Grandma Kate's dinette set is working wonderfully... Bren painted the place our "Kirkbride Shade of Yellow" (the first yellow we had was disatorus... but I am thankful for Bren's painting expertise!)





This is our HUGE kitchen... love it!! I marinated 200 pieces of chicken on that counter and cut up 60LBS of potatoes - all at the same time! Thank God for hospitality and big kitchens!






Here are two pictures of our cozy living room...






Below is our tiny but cozy bedroom... I love how it all turned out - the walls are just waiting for some paint in the coming weeks... Thanks Grandma Harvey for that great blanket... it matches our bedding beautifully... who woulda known!



We love you and hope you enjoyed our tour!

Joy to you!

The Kirkbrides

1 Thessalonians 5:16 "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus... hold on to the good. avoid evil."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Kirkbrides! Your new place is oh so cute! I thank the Lord every time I remember you and pray blessings on you and your jobs and marriage! Thank you so much for posting the pictures so I can visualize you in your fantastic new home. I can't wait to come and visit it someday... : ) Ok, so I just told Brett I wanted to give him plane tickets for Christmas/birthday... He is calling me a dork because I kinda made a bid deal and asked him if he liked surprises, because I haven't said anything for THREE MONTHS and I just coudln't hold it any longer... So we should maybe plan a trip... :D!!!!!! Love you and can't wait to talk with you!!!

Katie Stemp said...

Love to see your new place! It looks so cozy and homey! I also love that we totally have the same TV stand/table/thing!

I hope that you two are doing GREAT and enjoying married life and your new home.