Thursday, August 7, 2008

Oh Canada

Bren and I just got home from a three day trip to the beautiful country of Canada!





We loved seeing the place of Tim Horton's, rib joints, and hockey.


So, I got sunburned and misquito bites - made me feel like I was home in MN.


We traveled to Ben and Emily's cottage on Silver Lake and then spent one night in Ottawa walking around the city and eating yummy ribs.


We were there for a pastors retreat - Ben and Brendon spent the morning quietly floating on the boat in the middle of the lake, praying and preparing for the year together... basically, getting on the same page.


While they worked - Emily (Last) and I, chilled on the dock, basking in the sun, reading and both prepared for our years ahead (Emily is going to have her 1st year of teaching and I am going to have my first prepared year, or 3rd year of RDing)...

I thank the Lord for that time on the dock. I felt a so at rest, spiritually, talking to the Lord about the year to come and resting in his presence... honestly, it doesn't get better than that.


Some day, I would love to have a cabin on a lake, to join as a family, playing together and eating well together... with the spirit of the little boy in the movie, "Angels in the Outfield"...

"It could happen."





Here are some pics from the trip!

Below: Last pic "before we died" - at the zipline course we took...
From left to right (brendon, emily, emily, ben)

Above is Bren at his best... fluttering along glass-like water.

Above: Maybe this is really Bren at his best... on the kayak, he almost loves as much or more than me... ;)

Not much to say here... just knee boarding ;)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Love this one too! Let's all have cabins by each other someday, yes?

xoxo

Brendon & Emily Kirkbride said...

yes, Lauren... lets do that!